About Kids Debate
- Develops self confidence.
- Improves speaking and listening skills.
- Improves communication skills.
- Can be used as a tool to stretch the more able (Gifted & Talented) pupils.
- Develops ability to structure thoughts and opinions.
- It's fun!
Kids Debate is owned and run by Helen Tamblyn, a former local authority worker for a deprived East London borough. She has extensive experience with organising and running debating competitions at a borough level, including a competition hosted by The Tower of London and played a large part in helping the authority to become a well-known borough in the world of debating. She has experience at judging events, including borough competitions and Schools Mace and has chaired many events.
Helen has undertaken courses and refresher training offered by the English Speaking Union and has also undergone an enhanced CRB check. In addition to her work for Kids Debate, she is also undertaking part time study with the University of Oxford.
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- Osmani Primary School
- Holy Family Primary School
- St Saviours Primary School
- Tidemill Primary School